In accordance with the Council of Residency Directors in Emergency Medicine (CORD) Application Process Improvement Committee Recommendations for the 2023-2024 Residency Application Cycle, applicants can expect the following:
- September 19, 2023 5p PST: DEI Panel Discussion (virtual)
- October 18, 2023 6p EST: Initial Interview Invitation Notification
- October 19, 2023 6p EST: Interview Scheduling Opens
- December 15, 2023: Applicants will receive final status of application (interview, reject, waitlist)
- February 13, 2024: Rank Day Meeting and Submission
- February 15, 2024: Second look (in person)
We will allow 72 hours after invitation for an applicant to accept or decline prior to releasing the interview slot to another candidate. If an applicant needs to cancel an interview, please provide us with at least 2 weeks notice if you plan to cancel an interview so that we can offer the slot to other interested candidates.
In addition to your benefits as a hospital employee (health insurance, etc), all residents can become members of the CIR-SEIU union which includes:
- $10,000 annual housing allowance
- $1,400 annual education stipend
- $500 PGY 1 “welcome bonus”
- $3,900 annual Chief Stipend
- $300,000 QI Research Fund
- 3 meals a day at home institution
- $27/day for meals on rotation
- $125,000 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion fund
Our program will participate in preference signaling.
Additional information about the program is available on the Keck USC website →.
Please see http://keck.usc.edu/emergency-medicine/training-education/fellowship-programs/ for more information.
Medical Student Clerkship Applicants
Please see https://keck.usc.edu/emergency-medicine/training-education/medical-student-programs/ for more information.